Why I’m seeking Senate seat – Andy Uba



By Agency Reporter

Wednesday, 5 Jan 2011 



A Peoples Demoratic Party senatorial aspirant in Anambra State, Chief Andy Uba, has said that his honest vision for the state motivated him to want to serve.
Uba, who is seeking the party’s ticket in Anambra South, spoke in a telephone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday.
“I am sure by now, my brothers and sisters that are abroad know the type of person I am and they know that I have a vision for the state.
“My vision is very clear. My vision is an honest vision. I am not here to rip the state off, I am not here to set the state back, I am here for them.
“I am here to see how we can change the image that people have about Anambra State, especially, because the Igbo race that is from Anambra, every other state in the South-East will tell you that Anambra is the number one state.
“But if you look at it today, it’s like Anambra is the last state,” he said.
Uba called on the people to give him the opportunity to serve as a senator to enable the state to move forward and also make contributions to national development.
“So, what I am asking them is to give me the opportunity so that I will be able to work with them with the ideas that they have, so that we can turn this state around,” he said.